To create a desktop shortcut to a website in Microsoft Edge, open the Edge browser and navigate to the desired website. From the browser’s menu, hover over the “Apps” option and select “Install this site as a web app”.
Creating a desktop shortcut to a website in Microsoft Edge can be a convenient way to quickly access your favorite sites. Instead of going through the hassle of opening the browser and typing in the URL every time, you can simply click on a shortcut icon right from your desktop.
In this easy guide, we will walk you through the step-by-step process of creating a desktop shortcut to a website in Microsoft Edge, allowing you to streamline your browsing experience and save valuable time.
Creating a Microsoft Edge Desktop Shortcut Using the URL
Below, we’ll explain the simple process of creating a desktop shortcut for a website in Microsoft Edge using the URL. Here are the steps to follow:
- Begin by launching the Edge browser and navigating to the specific website you wish to create a shortcut for.
- Access the Edge main Menu by locating and clicking on the three dots situated at the top right corner of the browser interface.
- Next, position your cursor over the “Apps” option within the displayed menu, and proceed to opt for the “Install this site as an app” choice from the resulting pop-up menu.
- A new popup will appear. Name the website app and click “Install” on it.
- A new popup will appear, giving you different options to customize your website app like pin to start, pin to taskbar, etc. You can allow/not allow these options as per your choice.
Congratulations, you’ve now created a desktop shortcut for your desired website using its URL in Microsoft Edge.
Creating a desktop shortcut to a website in Microsoft Edge is a simple and convenient way to access your favorite web pages with just a few clicks. By following the easy guide provided, you can save time and effort by eliminating the need to open the browser and type in the website address every time you want to visit a particular site.